Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Healthier Version: Honey Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies



3 T butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 egg
1 T water
1/2 cup White Whole Wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups rolled oats


Mix well first five ingredients. Combine next four dry ingredients and stir well. Combine dry ingredients with wet. Spoon onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.You can add in what you like. I used Craisins, Raisins and, uh, milk chocolate chips. Dark would have been better, but that’s what I had so it’s what I used. One other thing, I finished up a box of quick oats, so not all my oats were the old-fashioned kind.
These cookies were delicious. My only complaint is they seemed a tad too sweet. I might add cinnamon next time or cut back on the brown sugar. Still, they got gobbled pretty quick and I like that they use mostly healthy ingredients (except for the, ahem, chocolate chips).

S. Dionne Moore loves to cook and healthy recipes are a plus! In addition to cooking, she is the author of the LaTisha Barnhart Mystery series and historical romance. Visit her http://www.sdionnemoore.com. Follow her on Twitter @sdionnemoore.

1 comment:

  1. I think the key word here is healthier, but just as delicious I'm sure. I've read your books, I always want to eat afterwards.

    ReplyDelete