- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick cook oats
- 1 (11.5-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup chopped toasted coconut
2. Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
3. Spoon flour into cup, then combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, stirring well. Add oats; stir well. Add to butter mixture; stir until well blended. Gently stir in morsels. Fold in coconut. Use cookie dough scoop (I used 1 inch) and baked for about 7 minutes in a CONVECTION oven. These cookies turn golden fast. When they become golden in a REGULAR oven--probably around 9 minutes--immediately remove them. Let cool on cookie sheet and remove.
S. Dionne Moore is the author of the LaTisha Barnhart series of cozy mysteries:Murder on the Ol' Bunions, Polly Dent Loses Grip and Your Goose is Cooked. Fun reads with lots of family, food, and attitude. Like LaTisha, S. Dionne loves to cook, and healthy recipes are a plus.