Wednesday, September 25, 2013

3 Reasons to Cruise: Bahamas via Carnival Pride

A break. Everyone needs one. We often choose a cruise because it allows us the opportunity to create our own little world in which to relax. There are plenty of little out-of-the-way spots to settle down in solitude to read, play games, savor a cup of coffee and delicious dessert, or simply stare at the sea.

Our room was lovely too. We enjoyed the balcony--a first--very much! Not that we were surprised by that, but we quickly discovered that the downside to a balcony room is the slamming doors. Our neighbors weren't very careful, and those doors are heavy--rightfully so--but I really didn't want to hear them slamming open and shut late into the night or early in the morning.

The food was delicious, the chocolate buffet was sublime, and the Pirate Pizza was wonderful place to indulge in "homemade" pizza, even to this pizza-not-my-fav-food person. We took the plunge and also enjoyed a night in David's Steakhouse, Carnival's specialty restaurant. Very nice atmosphere and the food was delicious--hey, I like french onion soup almost anyway I can get it!

Now, without further chatter, a sweep through some vacation shots of our cruise to Bahamas on Carnival Pride:
Nassau, Bahamas

Evening "turn-down" and a towel animal!

The Pride in Nassau

Nassau City Hall


Nassau

Night in Nassau

Arriving in Freeport, Bahamas

Straw Market in Freeport

Overview of Freeport


Back home to Baltimore Harbor

For the sake of those who might be curious, all photos are unaltered and were shot with my iPhone 4S.

Born and raised in Manassas, Virginia, S. Dionne Moore moved to Greencastle, PA in 1993, then to Mercersburg in 2008. Moore enjoys life in the historically rich Cumberland Valley where traffic jams are a thing of the past and there are only two stoplights in the whole town.
Moore is author of the LaTisha Barnhart Mystery series as well as new historical romance release "A Heartbeat Away."


5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely time, Sandra. Good for you!

    ~Nancy Jill Thames

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I've traveled a lot, I've never been on a cruise before. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been on a cruise, but the pictures were beautiful and I enjoyed seeing them. Thank you for sharing. Although next time you could invite me along:)

    Deborah Malone
    "Death in Dahlonega"
    "Murder in Marietta"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went on a cruise once and although I had a lot of fun I also made a distressing discovery which means I'll never do it again. I get seasick, but I'm glad I did it and I'm glad you had fun too Sandra. Without getting seasick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys. . .can you imagine cruising together? There would have to be a murder on that ship for sure, just so we could investigate. Though we might want to stick to a murder mystery dinner theater instead of the real thing. . .LOL!

    ReplyDelete