My writing day starts out like this…
- I wake up at six a.m. (which is always a good thing), fix my coffee and check my emails and sales reports.
- I eat a bowl of oatmeal and work on clients’ needs.
- At approximately 7:30 a.m. I take a shower and get dressed.
- Around 8:00 a.m. I start writing. I always tell myself I won’t do anything else until I reach 2,000 words on my current work in progress. This NEVER works. Inevitably, I’ll get an email that needs addressing.
- When I finish my word count, sometime around noon, I have lunch. Most times, I work at my desk while eating, but occasionally…I’ll sneak in a taped episode of Castle or Criminal Minds or Property Brothers, then go back to work.
- On a normal day, my work day ends around four p.m. On a good day, it might end around 2:30 or 3:00
- I empty dishwasher, fill dishwasher, ignore the rest of the house, and veg in front of the TV or run errands.
I am a busy woman and I wouldn’t have it any other way J
Writing is not only my job, it is my passion. I love being an author. I love owning a small press. I went from five to twenty clients. Some are much more active than others, so it makes a nice balance. I take Sundays off. Thankfully, my children are grown. My youngest is starting college. (This is him at 8 years old)
Welcome to the new chapter in my life! I wouldn’t have it any other way!
My newest mystery for your enjoyment is Jogging is Bad For Your Health. Enjoy!
When Stormi's nephew asks her to help him stop the abuse to a friend of his, Stormi is more than willing to step in. What she finds is worse than anything she imagined. No amount of research prepared her for a group of men so evil, Stormi must dig deep inside herself and call on God to rescue the man she loves. Purchase Here
Multi-published and Amazon Best-Selling author Cynthia Hickey had three cozy mysteries and two novellas published through Barbour Publishing. Her first mystery, Fudge-Laced Felonies, won first place in the inspirational category of the Great Expectations contest in 2007. Her third cozy, Chocolate-Covered Crime, received a four-star review from Romantic Times. All three cozies have been re-released as ebooks through the MacGregor Literary Agency, along with a new cozy series, all of which stay in the top 50 of Amazon’s ebooks for their genre. She has several historical romances releasing in 2013, 2014, 2015 through Harlequin’s Heartsong Presents, and has sold more than 300,000 copies of her works. Cynthia is active on FB, twitter, and Goodreads, and is a contributor to Cozy Mystery Magazine blog and Suspense Sisters blog. She is a featured speaker/teacher at ACFW national. She and her husband run the small press, Forget Me Not Romances, which includes some of the CBA’s well-known authors. She lives in Arizona with her husband, one of their seven children, two dogs and two cats. She has five grandchildren who keep her busy and tell everyone they know that “Nana is a writer.” Visit her website at www.cynthiahickey.com